
We started our Easter celebration yesterday. We were able dye Easter eggs with Wyatt which turned out to be a lot of fun. Wyatt was in charge of one egg which he of course cracked before dying it. Wyatt was more than willing to help whenever it came to touching eggs that were drying. Wyatt finished his blue egg with several stickers. Perhaps the most amazing part of the day though was when Rick took Wyatt shopping for an Easter outfit. That is right Rick took Wyatt shopping! I have been home bound this weekend (we are on AC duty until tomorrow) and Rick had been busy with his externship for the last two weeks and was ready to get out of the house. So Rick loaded Wyatt up and went to Costco, where he found Wyatt a nice new Easter shirt.
One of the weirdest things about being a new parent is having to do all the things your parents did for holidays, in this case preparing an Easter basket. I was not really going to get a basket together since Wyatt is so young, but then I had a "Wyatt is growing up too fast panic attack" and started thinking that I only have 18 more Easters with Wyatt before he is off to college and
a mission so I decided it needed to be done. Rick thinks baskets are pointless and collect clutter around the house (and I can't say I disagree) so Wyatt got a 'sand pail' basket instead (that's way more practical right?). It was fun to let him crawl around the corner and find it and explore the crazy grass inside. Wyatt also had his first annual egg war this morning which I am surprised to say Wyatt won with his previously cracked blue egg.It seems that we have been celebrating Easter for several weeks. It has been nice to have lots of things building up to Easter this year as it has really helped to keep thoughts of the true reason for Easter in our minds.
7 comments:
I loved the Easter pictures. It makes us feel as if we were there. Thanks for posting them.
Love,
Mom and Grandma
Happy Easter! Wyatt looked like he was having so much fun with the Easter pail (that was a great idea by the way). I'm glad Rick's back from the externship safe and sound. Have a great week guys!
P.S. I like the new blog design!
Happy Easter! It looks like you had a good, fun one. Sofia slept the whole time. Maybe next year she will know what is going on and we can have fun. I cant wait to do our own little family traditions with her. If your bored being home, come on over! Or we could meet at the playground outside...
I didn't know you guys had a blog! Sounds like Wyatt had a terrific Easter! Happy Easter!
cute pics!
Janae! I looked at all your photo albums and I have to say my favorite pictures are the ones you took of your apartment when you got home from your trip out here. Rick + being home alone = messy! Thank goodness he has you!
Post a Comment