We had a pretty busy Memorial Day weekend, but it was packed with tons of fun stuff. We started of the weekend by going to Magic Mountain of Friday. Rick had bought a day and with it came a season pass and some free friends passes so I got in free, or should I say it was included. We went with The Craguns, Martins, and Will. It is hard to go to Magic Mountain after going to Disneyland because if is such a different atmosphere. The first major difference is the weather; it was soooo hot I thought I was going to die when we first got there. The second major difference is the kiddie rides. There are actually a lot of rides that Wyatt could go on. The only weird thing is you are not allowed to hold any kids on you lap, the opposite of Disneyland where they always make me hold Wyatt. Wyatt enjoyed all the rides except this flying school bus, which even made me a little queasy. As for big kid rides the highlights were Tatsu and X. I have included a picture of Batman, I mean Tanner, who was such a trooper walking around the entire park with us, after he got soaking wet during a show, until closing.
On Saturday Wyatt let us sleep in and then we were off to a pajama breakfast for Debi. Happy Birthday Debi! In the afternoon we went to a graduation pool party for our friends the Corbridges and Rowans. For the most part Wyatt had fun in the pool, but started losing it toward the end. It is so hard to see the year in front of us go; I cannot believe dental school will be over a year from now, where has the time gone?! We are sad to see the fourth years go, but excited for them to start their ortho programs, we only wish we would have been able to teach the Corbridges Cities and Knights before they leave.
On Sunday we were off to Whittier to see Clint and Natalie, who were in town from Vegas. The entire Salo clan was in town and it was fun to see everyone, we feel like honorary members of their family. Mama Salo and Big Joe were the ones to give us our Oldsmobile a couple years ago; we are always so appreciative for the way they make us feel so comfortable in their home. As always there were several cute moments when Lucas, Wyatt, and Brooke got together. Perhaps the best/funniest part of the evening though was the fact that Rick and JT showed up wearing literally the same thing. It ended up being a pretty late game night. The boys played Halo and the ladies played Settlers until 2:00 am!!It was a great weekend!
6 comments:
What a fun week end. We missed having you with us for our barbeque. I love looking at your blog, because I can see how much Wyatt is growning. Thanks for being such great parents.
Sorry about the spelling for growing. I really should review what I type before I send.
Your blogs are always so much better then mine. WE had so much fun. J.T. has fun stroke.
I love reading about what you guys did over the weekend...sounds like a great time!
I think your weekend was busier than ours!! I have fun stroke too. I just need to go to bed and sleep for a few days! It was fun to see you guys! I have some cute pics of Wyatt that I'll send to you.
That picture of Rick and JT wearing the same outfit is classic!!! LOL!
Post a Comment