KINDERGARTEN
Kindergarten started on September 1st. Wyatt was really excited! It was a little anti climatic on the first day since they only went for an hour with parents, but he still had a great time.

Wyatt with his locker.
Room 3.
Wyatt making a carrot for his class garden.

Wyatt had the assignment to bring in a drawing of his favorite summer activity on the first day and I thought this was pretty awesome. It is Wyatt hanging out in the hammock with his dad. Some highlights, for me at least: Wyatt's glasses, the tree roots, a birds nest, and our patch of dead yellow grass.
The second day of school was full day, 8:30-3:10. I was a little worried at first, but Wyatt is thriving with full day and early out Wednesdays seem really short. Wyatt has not been that tired except for the first full day when the first words out of his mouth to me were, "Please tell me you brought the car, and I don't have to walk home."
It has been an interesting first month. Wyatt has LOVED school, but I have had a hard time not knowing every little detail of his day. There were two days in a row where a kid in his class pushed him down. Wyatt had to go to the nurse one day for a hurt ear, then the following day he was pushed down right before his class pictures so we will have to see how that turns out, his teacher said he was really brave and was trying to smile even though he was crying from being hurt. He even had to go to the Principal's office to have the other kid apologize to him. Wyatt is so sweet, my first thoughts were to tell him to stay away from that kid, he seemed like trouble, Wyatt on the other hand said maybe he just needed someone to be his friend so that is what he has been trying and so far so good.
The boys celebrated the first week of school by camping out in the backyard. They are watching Gummy Bears on YouTube in this one.
A few weeks in Rick was able to pick up Wyatt, and Wyatt was so excited to tell him about how he has been saving garbage from his friends lunch to show me what I should be buying for snacks at the store.
With Wyatt at school full time, I feel like I have meet a brand new Owen. He is so calm, sweet, and snugly when he is not being constantly tormented by an older brother. He will bring me books and let me read to him forever. I sure hope he has soaked up these six weeks of one on one time before his new sister arrives to turn his world upside down.
APPLE PICKING


FATHERS AND SONS CAMPOUT



LOSING TEETH
Wyatt lost his first two teeth in September. It seemed really early to me, but when he said his tooth hurt and was wiggly there was already another coming in behind it. Wyatt was pretty excited to get paper money from the tooth fairy, but was really disappointed that with his second tooth he didn't get $2, he thought each tooth would increase his reward, no go in this house buddy. There is a pretty hilarious video of Rick pulling his first tooth below. I am not allowed to try to pull out his teeth because I am not a dentist like dad, that is just fine with me.
Kindergarten started on September 1st. Wyatt was really excited! It was a little anti climatic on the first day since they only went for an hour with parents, but he still had a great time.
The second day of school was full day, 8:30-3:10. I was a little worried at first, but Wyatt is thriving with full day and early out Wednesdays seem really short. Wyatt has not been that tired except for the first full day when the first words out of his mouth to me were, "Please tell me you brought the car, and I don't have to walk home."It has been an interesting first month. Wyatt has LOVED school, but I have had a hard time not knowing every little detail of his day. There were two days in a row where a kid in his class pushed him down. Wyatt had to go to the nurse one day for a hurt ear, then the following day he was pushed down right before his class pictures so we will have to see how that turns out, his teacher said he was really brave and was trying to smile even though he was crying from being hurt. He even had to go to the Principal's office to have the other kid apologize to him. Wyatt is so sweet, my first thoughts were to tell him to stay away from that kid, he seemed like trouble, Wyatt on the other hand said maybe he just needed someone to be his friend so that is what he has been trying and so far so good.
The boys celebrated the first week of school by camping out in the backyard. They are watching Gummy Bears on YouTube in this one.
With Wyatt at school full time, I feel like I have meet a brand new Owen. He is so calm, sweet, and snugly when he is not being constantly tormented by an older brother. He will bring me books and let me read to him forever. I sure hope he has soaked up these six weeks of one on one time before his new sister arrives to turn his world upside down.
APPLE PICKING
FATHERS AND SONS CAMPOUT


LOSING TEETH
Wyatt lost his first two teeth in September. It seemed really early to me, but when he said his tooth hurt and was wiggly there was already another coming in behind it. Wyatt was pretty excited to get paper money from the tooth fairy, but was really disappointed that with his second tooth he didn't get $2, he thought each tooth would increase his reward, no go in this house buddy. There is a pretty hilarious video of Rick pulling his first tooth below. I am not allowed to try to pull out his teeth because I am not a dentist like dad, that is just fine with me.
OWEN'S LETTERS
This month we discovered that Owen had been teaching himself the alphabet from a couple of Wyatt's leapfrog toys. We have tried to capture it on film, but it is never the same as in person. Whenever he sees big letters he will point and call out their names.
4 comments:
This is probably one of my favorite posts ever! Here are a few highlights for me:
1. Wyatt has a locker.
2. The colors of the hammock in the drawing.
3. When Wyatt didn't want to walk home on the first day.
4. Wyatt is SO BRAVE in that tooth video! I would have been crying for sure.
5. Owen's W.
i am with jen! this is a great post! i love the video of owen! Loved seeing you guys....we need to move back! So excited for you!
xo
So sweet, SO FUNNY, and so smart!
I was totally laughing during the tooth pulling video. Is this kid the son of a doctor/dentist and chemist, or what?!
Wyatt is very brave and his dad is very reassuring! I love that he needed to remind his dad that he is a real person. Owen is so smart. This is all too fun!!! Miss you guys and are so excited for the arrival of your new little girl!!
Post a Comment