Saturday, October 10, 2009

August

We were back in Utah only a couple weeks after we left in July. My Grandpa, George I. Cannon, passed away and we were lucky enough to be able to make it back to Utah for the funeral. Everyone arrived the night before the viewing and we had a dinner at my parents house.Wyatt and Grandma were glad to see each other again so soon.
This is the last picture I have of the three of us with my Grandpa, it was taken in January of 2009.
I am so glad we were able to be in Utah just a few weeks earlier for Suzy's wedding and we were able to spend a lot of time with my Grandpa. My Grandpa gave me my patriarcial blessing, sealed me and Rick for eternity, and was always so supporting and loving. The last time we visited with him was right after Suzy's sealing. My uncle asked him what advice he would give us and his answer was the the most important things in this life are family and the gospel. It is obvious by the life he lived that they were the most important things in his life and they brought him true joy. I am so glad we could be their to celebrate his life, to show just how loved he was here are all of his grandchildren, everyone made it together from all around the country. Elder Holland said it best at his funeral, "He was the rarest of men, he was as good as he seemed."

Wyatt loved being around his cousins again and insisted on riding in their car.
But all that fun with cousins really tired him out and this is how he feel asleep after the funeral.
Rick had to get go hoome the night of the funeral, but he day after the funeral Wyatt and I were able to go with my parents and Grandma back to the grave and read the history that the church compiled on my Grandpa. I have been reading through my copy since returning to CT and am even more amazed by my Grandpa the more I read about his life.

We were able to do a lot of visiting over the next few days, but I didn't really take my camera anywhere accept this park where we fed the ducks.
It was great to be around family and we are so grateful for all the help that made it possible for us to be there.

Another August event worth mentioning was our 7th wedding anniversary on the 14th. No pictures, but it was a great day. We were planning on going out, but last minute Rick suggested just getting take out Thai food and playing RockBand, it may not sound that romantic, but it really was a great day and just what I wanted to do right then.

3 comments:

Sandra said...

It was wonderful that all of the family could be home for Grandpa Cannon's funeral. We have such a fantastic and eternal family.

Grant said...

Janae,
Your grandfather was so pleased with all that you, Rick and Wyatt are doing. He spoke of you often and was always interested in everything that you are doing. He will always have a great influence in this world through you and his other family members who remain behind. Thank you for this wonderful tribute.

Mindy said...

Janae-
I'm sorry to hear of your Grandpa's passing. He was in our ward when we lived on Berkeley street just after we got married & I know the ward members loved your grandparents! (Your aunt/uncle are great too, your aunt was my visiting teacher and I loved her visits!) That was such an incredible ward--I really miss it.

By the way, you look SO cute pregnant! Lucky ;) How do you like Connecticut? I'm itching to live in a new state, at least for a few years, and Connecticut is one of the few east coast states on my "would look at" states!