Friday, July 6, 2007

Happy 4th of July!

So Rick made it back from Atlanta and we are so glad to have him home! For the 4th of July this year we were on secondary duty for our AC job (that means I had to be inside answering phone from 4:30 pm on the 3rd until 7:30 am on the 5th). Needless to say Rick was totally bummed. The 4th of July is one of Rick’s favorite holidays and we were hoping to be able to go to Vegas to celebrate since it is also Rick’s brother Darrin’s birthday and Nikki and Zach had their baby boy, Lincoln, that we still haven’t seen, but no one was up for switching the 4th of July so we had to work. Rick had been moping around and then JT and Britney came and saved the day. We were able to have an indoor BBQ and then around 9:00 Rick woke Wyatt up and took him outside with JT to watch the fireworks. Wyatt was so funny when he was woken up he could barely open his eyes but he was still smiling for the pictures.

Yesterday I kept thinking about what a difference a year makes. Last year we spent the 4th of July in Utah after just returning from Hawaii with the Shamos. Here is a picture to see how much Wyatt has grown. Oh Yeah, last year Wyatt got his first tattoo at a 4th of July breakfast/carnival that we went to.

5 comments:

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

Wyatt's gotten so big...definitely a little boy! We wish you could have been here for the 4th. ;)

tawni said...

Well, you had a better 4th of July than me! I could have taken the phones for you, but it was unexpected. I was all ready and packed for the beach at 9am when Nates blackberry went off. They asked him to come into the office and that it shouldn't take long. Well, he finally made it home at 8pm and we went to get hotdogs at Pinks. I was totally bummed. Then as we were getting into the car, it goes off again!!! He worked until 2:30am. No fireworks for us. It sucked. Great 4th by myself :( Now Im going home for a week cause I am bored out of my mind!

Matt and Jamie said...

Hey,
We miss you guys! It always fun to see what you are up too. Sorry our blog hasn't been updated in a while. We don't have a kid yet so we're not used to taking pictures all te time. Give us another month and we'll have a little guy!

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

I love the sleepy Wyatt picture!

Anonymous said...

Janae: Your blog continues to be awesome. Everytime I view it I find something that hasn't caught my eye before. I am so glad Wyattt's surgery is over - what a sad experience that must have been for you to go through, - but thank you for sharing with us.
Love you all so much,
G. Gramma Shamo