Friday, May 21, 2010

D-Loc and Tiffany's visit!!

Rick's brother, Darrin, had a conference in NYC so he came out with Tiffany and we got to hang out with them the weekend before the conference.

FRIDAY

After a little car trouble (which I fixed all by myself!!!!), I picked them up and we spent the day wandering through Elizabeth Park and visiting the Noah Webster House in West Hartford.
That evening the boys played a little tennis.

SATURDAY


We rented a van so we could all drive up to Boston together. It was nice to have all that space it made me think twice about minivans, then this video made me think it would be pretty cool to have one someday.

We toured Harvard,
then walked the freedom trail. I had a close call with a bird, good thing I had my sunglasses on they shielded anything from getting on my face.
Darrin rode the donkey like a good sport and we made it all the way to Old Iron Sides and Bunker Hill.
We tested out Mike's Pastry's and were not disappointed.

SUNDAY


It was beautiful weather so we hung out in the backyard and BBQed.
Perhaps my favorite picture from the weekend.

MONDAY


I was able to get some awesome friends to watch Wyatt for the day and we headed to NYC. We packed a lot in; hot dogs in Times Square (Owen really wanted a bite, maybe next time buddy), the Circle Line, Central Park, and the Shake Shack. Darrin and Tiffany headed to a show that night and we rounded out the night by stopping to see the Lees.
*I added all these collages in high resolution so you can click on them to see the pictures better, this one is definitely worth it so see Owen in the cutest onesie from Debi.

We love having visitors! Thanks again to Darrin and Tiffany for making the trip out!

6 comments:

Karen said...

Wow! Lots of blogging for you in the last couple days!! Looks like you guys have been having fun! I thought of calling you the other day when I was cleaning my bathroom (I seriously ALWAYS think of you when I think about cleaning my bathroom).

I think the story of little Timmy is hilarious. I'm sure Wyatt still talks about him. Thanks for all the pictures!

Jen said...

A couple of things...1. you are so good about showing people stuff in CT. I'm like "Ya, here's Connecticut, here's my house, now let's go somewhere that's cooler like NYC or Boston." 2. Were we not just having the minivan discussion the other day? 3. We waited almost 2 hours for some Shake Shack on Friday night and I wish I could do it again right this second. 4. You're awesome and I feel like we haven't hung out in months.

JB

Grant said...

Looks like a great trip.

Anonymous said...

hey i love the post! you sure did pack a lot into one trip. when my fam comes out i will just send them your way so you can show them a good time....
ya we will be around for Memorial Day. you guys??

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

You guys get so many visitors!! How nice! The hammock pic with Rick and the boys is so cute. Owen is getting so big!!

deb said...

Yay, I <3 NY looks awesome on Owen!! Come back soon, Shamos!!