BEFORE:
DURING:
AFTER:
So just for my permanent records and to impress you at what a handy hubby I have; here is what we did.Janae:
- removed all cabinet faces and hardware, wood puttied and sanded all faces.
- Painted cabinets inside and out four times (two coats of primer and two coats of color to cover the red and green
- replaced hardware and cabinet faces.
- painted every other surface in the kitchen twice with the help of my dad
- screwed down previous linoleum floor
- generally supported Rick during the building process running to Home Depot for supplies and handing him tools
- demo in general
- built 4 new cabinets-the doors are still coming on these
- built a new island
- added electricity to the island for our microwave
- scrapped the whole ceiling with Will
- built new counter tops
- tiled the new counter tops
- filled hole in wall from previous fan/hood
- tiled the floor after sanding and stripping the old one
- installed the sink, garbage disposal (added new electrical and plumbing for this too), dishwasher, refrigerator, oven/range, and hood.
- moved two electrical switches and installed a dimmer
- built our back splash
- installed baseboards and molding
- changed out all existing outlets
- shaved down radiators and doors to fit with our new beautiful floors.
- add transition pieces to the tile in the door ways
- build one more cupboard next to the hood
- get some stools to go under the island
- Rick is going to add recessed lighting with his dad when they come in February
- Hang the door to the basement, so Wyatt will stop throwing things downstairs.
14 comments:
Great job Rick, Janae and Wyatt. It looks fantastic. I's happy to see it all done. It looked great when we left the beginning of November.
The kitchen looks amazing. You guys are awesome. I'm so impressed with everything you did for it. I wish we could have been there for Thanksgiving to see it.
your kitchen is absolutely beautiful.
If I was a person of very little words- all I would say is WOW! I can't believe what a difference there is between the two. Though... I am suprised that you didn't want to leave the green cupboards... They just had so much personality!! I love your kitchen- and I don't blame you for posting a bunch of pictures! You guys did a beautiful job!
Wow that is really incredible! Quite the makeover. It looks great!
Looks great! What a job- you're inspiring us for when we go to do ours. Fortunately, we don't have as much to update in our kitchen. I think my favorite aspect is perhaps the floors-they look great! But then, it all looks so good!
Love it!!! Wow...what a transformation! Rick is such a handy man and you are really patient for living in an unfinished kitchen for so long. I really really love it and can't wait to see it in person.
Janae and Rick,
You have done a great job. We are so glad you have such a nice home.
Your kitchen is beautiful. I hope I get to see it in person before you move. I only have six years to get there. It's more work than you think it is going to be but it turned our great!
Your kitchen is beautiful. You did an awesome job!!! It looks like you had a great Thanksgiving.
You guys are amazing. We could never ever attempt the same thing. It looks wonderful by the way.
Richard and I started looking at the before pictures and I said to him, "That isn't that bad, it is kind of charming!" But then, we saw the remodel and WOWZA! You guys did a great job! I love that you kept the cabinets and the little detail over the sink (does that make sense..) anyway, it looks beautiful! I can't believe that you guys did it yourself! Way to go!!!!
Wow..what a transformation! I can't you guys did it yourselves...it looks amazing!
One of the differences between you and me is I would walk into the house and walk right back out not having any clue or vision what-so-ever as to what to do and how to make it look really nice. That being said...it looks absolutely amazing!!! My mouth dropped open as soon as I saw it. Holy cow! Great job!
Post a Comment